Event Logo Design and Pitching Competition
“Event Logo Design and Pitching Competition” is one of the activities of EI Fiesta, which is organised by Entrepreneurship and Innovation Education Unit of The Education University of Hong Kong Library and funded by the University Grants Committee (UGC).
The purpose of the Competition is to design a logo for EI Fiesta. The selected logo may be used in all media, including online, print, giveaways, and other visual collateral. Students will also have a chance to elaborate on their design concepts through the pitching videos.
All EdUHK students are welcome to join the competition either as individuals or in teams. Each student or student group may submit at most two entries, i.e. two designs.
Individuals or teams can submit the logo design(s) and its pitching video to compete for:
|“Best Logo Design Award”||A Judging Panel comprised of the Library and Academic Staff will evaluate all entries based on the following criteria:|
|“Best Pitching Award”||A Judging Panel comprised of the Library and Academic Staff will evaluate all entries based on the following criteria:||$1,500 Eslite book coupon and certificate|
|“People’s Choice Award”||Eligible logo designs will be posted on EIEU’s Instagram page for voting from 22 April 2022 to 12 noon, 28 April 2022. The logo design with the most “likes” will be awarded||$1,500 Eslite book coupon and certificate|
Schedule & Timeline
|5pm, 20 April 2022||Submission Deadline: 5pm, 20 April 2022|
Interested individuals or teams should complete the Entry Form together with
Individuals or teams may submit at most two entries.
|22 April 2022 to 12 noon, 28 April 2022||Voting for the People’s Choice Award|
Eligible logo designs will be posted on EIEU’s Instagram page for voting.
|29 April 2022||Results Announcement|
The awardee list of the “Best Logo Design Award”, “Best Pitching Award” and “People Choice’s Award” will be posted on the EIEU website.
* Interested individuals or teams are encouraged to join the “Workshop on Effective Presentation and Storytelling Skills” on 11 April 2022.
Submission of your work
Interested individuals or teams should complete the Entry Form below on or before 5pm, 20 April 2022.Submit the Entry Form
- Each individual or team may submit no more than two entries. Any extra entries will not be considered.
- All entries must be the original work and must not include, be based on, or derived from any pre-existing or third-party designs, patents, trademarks, or copyrighted images.
- All entries with illegal elements will not be considered. All items submitted must fully comply with all laws of Hong Kong, and must not:
- contain any indecent, provocative, defamatory and hate-spreading contents;
- promote illegal behavior;
- support racial, religious, sexual or other invidious prejudice;
- advocate sexual or violent exploitation;
- violate rights established by law or agreement;
- invade the privacy of any person; or
- be otherwise inappropriate as determined by EIEU.
- All entries will become the property of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Education Unit (EIEU), The Education University of Hong Kong Library.
- By submitting an entry, the participant(s) agree(s) that
- any and all intellectual property rights in the logo design are deemed assigned to EIEU and
- name of the participant(s), prize information, pitching video and information provided on the Entry Form can be used for publicity without further permission or compensation.
- EIEU reserves the right to modify and edit the selected logo (“Best Logo Design” ) to better fit the event and to reject any submission based on absolute sole discretion without assigning any reasons.
- A high-resolution vector file (e.g., in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or InDesign) of the winning logo (“Best Logo Design”) MUST be submitted so that it is adaptable to electronic and print media, to reproduction on small and large surfaces, and to uses in colour or in grayscale.
- The winning logo (“Best Logo Design”) will be used to produce giveaway incentives and upcoming promotional materials for EI Fiesta or other purposes as EIEU deems appropriate.
- The decisions of the Judging Panel will be final. In case of disputes, EIEU shall have the right to the final decision.
- The Judging Panel reserves the right not to select a winning logo for the “Best Logo Design Award”, if at its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.